AR/VR App Development
WETsoftware creates unforgettable AR experiences. Entertainment, training, commercial or retail use, we have the ability to help you connect with your audience in new and very special way.
AR apps fall into 4 basic types
- Marker-Based Augmented Reality. Uses Cameras that are able to use and track markers to a specific physical image pattern marker in a real-world environment to superimpose content – examples are virtual 3D object, text, or animation. An example is holding a phone over a foreign language phrase and see the translation on the phone screen or coupon if in a retail store.
- Marker-less / Location based Augmented Reality. Marker-less AR places virtual 3D objects in the real-life environment by examining the features present in the real-time data. A camera is not needed to initiate the AR experience – instead, Positional data is used. GPS, digital compass, camera and accelerometer to gather the positional information and the data is linked to place the object by the User in the environment.
- Projection Augmented Reality – advanced projectors are used to project a 3D AR experience on flat surfaces.
- Superimposition Based Augmented Reality – as its name- an object is recognized in the real world using object recognition and is enhanced so it may be enlarged or manipulated by the user. Rotating and enlarging a chair in a living room is an example. Another is looking at the Roman Coliseum and seeing an alternate completed coliseum over the original.
- Outlining Augmented Reality concerns boundaries that may or not may be seen by the human eye. A common use is when is driving and visibility is at a minimum. Think a winter snow storm. The road outline will be visible with object recognition in Outlining AR apps.
WETsoftware Development Process
How we create AR experiences
Project Analysis, Design and Wire frame
Successful projects must start with clear requirements. We will spend time to thoroughly understand the raw requirements, the feasibility, and goal of the Project. Next, the UX and UI will be drafted as a conclusion to this phase. (60 to 80 hours)
Programming & 3D Models
In this phase, the major factor for time and cost here is the complexity of the project and the features of the app. The 3D models and animation are created. and refined. Simultaneously, App Architecture and Programming are being performed. This is coordinated by experienced project management. Time lines, milestones and team review are prominent in Phase II. (Varies from 30 hours to 6 months or more depending on complexity)
Final Demo and Deployment
Quality Assurance and Testing is extensive and platform connectivity is completed at stage. Andriod, iOS or the selected AR headset. We specialize in the Microsoft Hololens 2. Final approval and deployment are the milestones for the project. (30 – 60 hours)